The healing process is different for everyone, and it depends on your starting point and your goals. When you begin treatment, I invite you to notice any shifts in either physical or emotional wellbeing.
Sometimes healing is steady progress towards feeling better. Sometimes changes are very subtle but move you towards health. And sometimes, you may find that you don’t feel so great right away. You might even feel worse before you feel better. This is all totally normal!
What does healing look like? It can be any of these:
• You start to have some better days, mixed in with the bad days
• Your level of discomfort or pain is reduced overall
• Your body starts releasing through its channels of elimination (sweat, urine, bowel movements, crying)
• You feel heat, cool, or energy moving through your body
• You are temporarily sore or have a pain flare-up
• Your most recent symptoms clear first
• You start to have a new perspective on your life
• You feel more relaxed and handle stress better
• Your body systems begin to work more efficiently
• You feel happier
Even if your main complaint doesn’t change right away, any of these healing signs are good indications that you are responding well to treatment. The timeline for healing is different for each person, and I will always be tracking your progress to ensure that we are moving towards your best health.